Melbourne-based Great Wrap made headlines in 2020 with the launch of their innovative compostable pallet wrap, the first of its kind in the world. Since then, they have continued to expand their offerings and grow their customer base, demonstrating their commitment to sustainability, innovation, and customer service.
Capitalising On The Sustainability Trend
In a recent article published on “AMW (Australian Manufacturers Week)” Great Wrap CEO Jordy Kay discussed the importance of sustainability in business and the role of innovative solutions in creating a more sustainable future. He highlighted the need for companies to think beyond just reducing their carbon footprint and to embrace circular economy models that prioritise waste reduction and resource efficiency.
Great Wrap’s compostable pallet wrap is a prime example of this circular approach to sustainability. Made from plant-based materials, the pallet wrap is designed to break down in industrial composting facilities, reducing the amount of plastic waste that ends up in landfills and oceans. Since its launch, the product has gained widespread attention and acclaim, with customers around the world praising its eco-friendliness and effectiveness.
But Great Wrap’s commitment to sustainability goes beyond just their compostable pallet wrap. They offer a wide range of eco-friendly gift-wrapping products, including wrapping paper, ribbons, bags, and boxes, and provide customers with informative content on their website about sustainable gifting practices.
Rapid International Growth
Their efforts have paid off, as evidenced by their continued growth and success. In 2022, Great Wrap launched a direct-to-consumer line in the United States in response to international demand for sustainable and climate-positive innovations. Their products have been shipped to customers in over 70 countries worldwide, with a growing customer base in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
Here are a few key statistics that demonstrate Great Wrap’s growth and success:
- Founded in 2017, Great Wrap has quickly become a leader in sustainable gift wrapping, attracting customers from around the world with their unique and sustainable gifting solutions.
- Their products have been shipped to customers in over 70 countries worldwide, with a growing customer base in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
- In 2019, Great Wrap was recognized as a finalist in the Melbourne Business Awards for their commitment to sustainability and innovation.
- Great Wrap launched its direct-to-consumer line in the United States in 2022 in response to international demand for climate-positive innovations.
Here are a few key takeaways for businesses looking to learn from Great Wrap’s success:
- Embrace Sustainability: Prioritising sustainability can attract and retain customers who are looking for eco-friendly products, and contribute to a healthier planet.
- Innovate and Differentiate Yourself: Developing innovative and unique products and solutions can help you stand out from competitors and establish yourself as a leader in your industry.
- Prioritise Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service can build loyalty and attract repeat customers.
- Think Circular: Adopting circular economy models that prioritise waste reduction and resource efficiency can help you create a more sustainable and successful business.
Overall, Great Wrap is a great example of a business that is succeeding by prioritising sustainability, innovation, and customer service. By adopting similar strategies, businesses can make a positive impact on the environment while also growing and thriving in their industry.
“What do you think are the key takeaways from their success? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below!”